Saturday 7 January 2012

2012 1000 Film Challenge - Day 6

Continuing with my challenge, I am now up to 16 films so far in 2012.  I need to average 19 a week, and am currently on track with that.  So here's the latest update.

Films seen so far include:

Kingpin
The Money Pit
Coming to America
Tenacious D: Pick of Destiny
Apollo 18
Cedar Rapids
Blades of Glory
The Animal
Under Siege
Stir Crazy
Scream 4
House on Haunted Hill
Eraser
Hostel 3

6th January 2012 - LOST IN TRANSLATION
What can be said from this film other than Scarlett Johansson has a fantastic arse & Bill Murray is a comedy genius!  Lets face it, this isnt a laugh out loud riot or a slapstick fans dream film, but it is a quirky view of life in Japan as told by a Ghostbuster pretending to be Frank Sinatra with intensity overload!  Bill Murrays career is getting much better these days (check out Jim Jarmush's Broken Flowers for another slice of Murray awesomeness) &, as my housemate put it, she could just about tolerate the Johansson in this film.

In my view, any film that starts with a close up of a fantastic boty is sure to win plaudits from me.  Plus there were gun shots & boobs so all was good for me - it just missed a good car chase to be a perfect film.

6th January 2012 - SCOTT PILGRIM VS THE WORLD
When I saw this a few months back I must admit I wasnt a fan.  I figured you had to be a geeky mcgeek to have such a nerdgasm over this film which, whilst I did enjoy the retro gameyness about it, was pretty shit.  In the pursuit of this challenge, I did sit down to watch it and was actually pleasantly surprised by it.  Granted, it may have been better if I had ever read the comics, but Michael Cera does play the nerd well & Mary Elizabeth Winstead as Ramona reminds me of someone I slept with many years ago & used to have carnal thoughts about - she dressed the same way & had the same persona.

Coming from the director of Spaced, it was always going to include quick shots & retroness, but could I handle a whole 9-120 mins of it?  Barely.  Sex Bob-Bomb sucked balls - why not make some decent music you indie fuck wannabees!

So, as of the 6th January I'm up to 16 films.  Just 984 to go.  Plus I've already agreed with my housemates that the last film I watch to end this challenge has to be PS I Love You.  Hopefully I'll still be semi-conscious by then...

No comments:

Post a Comment