Monday 23 January 2012

2012 1000 Film Challenge - Day 22

A new week begins, and with it comes the new days blog.  Can't believe the 1st month of 2012 is almost over.  So what did I watch on Day 22?  Well I watched the following:

22nd January 2012 - PARANORMAL ACTIVITY 3
Having seen the 1st Paranormal Activity streamed over the net in March 2009 (this was the original version, filmed in 2007.  The one released in cinema was changed & made scarier for a 2009 release).  I found the original creepy & unnerving, but that may have been due to living in a haunted house at the time.  I went to see it at the cinema & was even more unnerved.  Then I watched the sequel, which was a bit meh.

So here we have the second sequel / 1st prequel.  My take on it?  Its actually surpisingly good.  Its got a few things that have never been seen before in the series (the disappearing sheet is a good effect) and ties in with things mentioned in the previous films.  My only grumble with this is why the 2 girls - who went through a hell of a lot in this film to fuck their minds up for life - don't remember or even mention this anymore.  That went unanswered.

From what I hear, Paranormal Activity 4 is due to be released this October.  Will this be another Franchise like the Saw films?  I hope not.  They should use this to just end the series & let us know what happened to Hunter & Katie.  Maybe they got jobs at Disney?  Who knows.  In fact, who really cares?

22nd January 2012 - CANNONBALL RUN
I preferred the sequel over the original thanks to the orangutan; however I thought I would get back to this (and before you ask, yes I do have Cannonball Run 3 to watch at some point...I may leave that til much later tho...).

Here begins the explout of Smokey & the Bandit...wait, Burt Reynolds & Dom DeLuise.  It tells the tale of the cannonball run, an illegal cross-country race across america.  Also starring Dean Martin and Sammy Davis Jr as drunk priests riding a ferrari, Farrah Fawcett as Tits McGhee (you cant miss those nipples, they are on show quite a lot) along with Jackie Chan & others.

Its actually an enjoyable little film that really tries not to be anything else (other than Smokey & the Bandit).  Plus, I was getting ready for be & just wanted to see something I could switch off to.

So thats Day 1 over and 2 films viewed, with 17 left to watch before the end of the week to meet my average.  This week is going to be tough as I am out Friday night and busy Saturday & Sunday nights, so I'm happy to be over my average already.  As I've watched 68 films already, I only really need to watch another 8 films to keep within my average this week, as 4 x 19 = 76...

No comments:

Post a Comment