Saturday 14 January 2012

2012 1000 Film Challenge - Day 13

What did I accomplish during Day 13 of this challenge?  Well, I watched the following:

13th January 2012 - SHARKTOPUS
Come on, how is this not the greatest film ever made?  A shark with tentacles?  Its a fantasy film fans dream, right?  Unfortunately, its not.  The effects are worse than B-Movie quality, & the acting & dialogue are terrible.  Remember Eric Roberts?  He used to be in some above average films right?  Not anymore.  He's getting upstaged by a computer fucking shark!

To be fair though, I actually enjoyed it.  I'm usually a fan of bad films (some say Rocky 4 is awful & thats my favourite film ever!) & this is actually switch-your-brain off viewing.  Thankfully this is from the same people that brought you Megashark vs Giant Octopus, Dinoshark & Mega Python vs Gatoroid.  All of which I own.  Or at least think I do.

Forget being scared of sharks when you go into the sea.  Beware of any dodgy looking effected computer interpretations of sharks.  With tentacles.  And the ability to squirt ink at you.  Thats the most unfortunate thing with this film, not one person gets sprayed in the face in a comedic fashion.  Come on Hollywood, give us what we want!!!!!

13th January 2012 - CONTAGION
First off, can I just give a disclaimer on this.  There will be no spoiler alerts.  In fact there won't be anything.  Just like this film.  If you want to watch a film where nothing happens after the first 10 minutes then this is for you.  If you want to know the inner workings of the CDC (Central Disease Centre) then watch this.

Basically, some bat fucked a pig & some chef passed the regurgitated guts around, causing Gwyneth Paltrow to provide some of the best acting I've ever seen since Shallow Hal.  Matt Damon ends up walking around for a bit.  Thats pretty much it.  Why the hell Jude Law has to put on the worst Australian accent ever to play a conspiracy theorist, I shall never know.  Where's Paul Hogan when you need him?  Crocodile Dundee would have at least play knifey knife with some diseased person.

Stay clear on this film, this piece of - as my housemate called it - propoganda.  And never touch your face or cough.  You may be forced to watch this drivel if you do.

So the tally so far for the week in 15 films viewed.  With just 1 day left this week I have 4 films to watch to keep up with my required average.  Will I do it?  Keep an eye on the blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment