Monday 9 January 2012

2012 1000 Film Challenge - Day 8

So week one has been completed (check out my blog http://jaythegame.blogspot.com/2012/01/2012-1000-film-challenge-week-1.html for a review of whats been watched up until Day 8) and the second week has begun.

What have I watched so far?  Let me tell you...

8th January 2012 - TRADING PLACES
What can you say about this film apart from that it's awesome, and that Jamie Lee Curtis has a damn good rack!  Dan Akyroyd was great as a smarmy snob turned drunk, whilst Eddie Murphy - in his prime in the mid 80s - was great as a bum who became rich, with the 2 scheming to get the rich stockbrokers who pawned them off against each other to lose all their money.  Akyroryd can do snobby & drunk well, whilst Murphy is just funny in general.

Did I mention that Jamie Lee Curtis gets her tits out in this film?  She lived through all those horror films just to pop those bad boys out in a 1980s comedy?  I'm all for that, am just glad she didn't get her cock out...

8th January 2012 - WEEKEND AT BERNIES 2
Don't hate me.  I like the Weekend at Bernies films.  Especially this one.  Who doesnt like seeing a dancing corpse get harpooned through the head?  This has a stupid plot about finding buried treasure on a tropical island.  Back in the day I thought that was a great story.  Now, not so much.  Yet some crazy dead white dude gets harpooned in the head and kicked in the nuts!  How is that not great cinema?

Day 8 is out, 17 films required to average out this new week.  Will I do it?  Read my blogs to find out!

No comments:

Post a Comment