Friday 13 January 2012

2012 1000 Film Challenge - Day 12

What did I accomplish during Day 12 of this challenge?  Well, I watched the following:

12th January 2012 - THERE'S SOMETHING ABOUT MARY
There is indeed.  She's hot and puts spunk in her hair.  Thats my ideal kind of woman!  This film began the trend of gross-out comedies by the Farrelly Brothers.  This film also made Ben Stiller a comedy star.  You think Zoolander & the Focker family films would have happened without him getting his balls trapped in his zip.  Granted, for every man that is the nightmare we face when zipping up after a widdle.  You think you women have it bad?

Matt Dillon even flexes his comedy chops in this, although we do have to put up with a bad american accent from Lee Evans who, lets face it, is just trying to be Norman Wisdom (as he always does in films).

What else does this film have?  How about a load of mentally-challegened people punching Matt Dillon in the face, floppy old woman boobs, a crazy puppy, a hive-covered shoe fetishist, and the immortal words FRANK & BEANS!!!!  How could you not appreciate such a film that gives so much?  I have an idea on how they could make this a bit better - 5 second abs...trust me, it can work!

12th January 2012 - FINAL DESTINATION
Last week I managed to watch the 5th (and possibly final) Final Destination film.  The ending of it fit neatly into the 1st film which, I can't believe, I don't actually own.  So I brought it and watched it last night.  It has lasted the passage of time & is actually still as good & smart as I remember it.  Granted, the series went the SAW way & became ultra-gory, but the 5th film was a good nod back to the 1st.

Basically, this kid has visions his plane is going to explode.  Yet he can't find out the lottery numbers for the week, or what colour underwear the hot blonde is wearing?  Basically he gets off the plane (with others) and guess what - plane go boom.  Then survivors start dying in the order they would have on the plane.  Its a smart story but when the Candyman is involved you know that troubles just round the corner.

So people die but there are signs that can save them - this was conspicuously absent from the 3rd, 4th & 5th films, which hampered them for me.  I like the idea of using signs.  I like it so much I created ones myself.  On card with felt-tip pens saying YOU GONNA DIE BIATCH!  It makes me able to get through the day with a sense of self-gratification.

12th January 2012 - SHALLOW HAL
Shallow Hal wants a gal, does he?  He just wants to boink Gwyneth Paltrow.  I must admit that I do share an affinity with Hal, in that I see people differently to how they look.  Thats a subtle way of me saying I've been with my fair share of larger ladies, and I find that they do enjoy the bedroom antics a lot more than others.  Maybe it's because I cover my body with cake?  Lol I joke!  I just tend not to discriminate with women, thats why they call me Doctor Love.

In this film, Jack Black manages to see peoples inner beauty other than how they look on the outside.  Fair play, I do the same.  I'm more about personality than anything else.  If a person can keep me laughing and entertained then I will ensure that they have my babies later on in life!  Just need to find that special someone...I think its high time that I get snapped off the market by some lucky lady, I've got loads going for me...kinda...

This film also involves Gwyneth Paltrow in a fat suit - come on, tell me you haven't rubbed one out to that image.  Or is it just me?  I'm a bad man, a bad bad man...

So the tally so far for the week is 13 films viewed.  I have 2 days left this week to watch 6 more films.  Will I do it?  Keep an eye on the blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment