Thursday 5 January 2012

2012 1000 Film Challenge - Day 4

Continuing on from yesterdays blog, I can confirm that my film viewing has hit double figures!  In just 5 days I have watched 12 different films.  Here is the recap of what I watched prior to the 4th January:

Kingpin
The Money Pit
Coming to America
Tenacious D: Pick of Destiny
Apollo 18
Cedar Rapids
Blades of Glory
The Animal
Under Siege

4th January 2012 - STIR CRAZY
I hadn't watched this film for about 10-15 years, but I remembered this being pure hilarity.  I originally watched this after seeing See No Evil, Hear No Evil.  I appreciated the humour from Gene Wilder & Richard Pryor (lets face it, he was hilarious in most roles, especially Superman 3) & was expecting to be crying out loud with laughter.

Unfortunately, aside from a few funny moments, there really is nothing laugh-out-loud left in this film.  A good start seems to be let down by the escape plot ending, which is a good ending (don't get me wrong), but it seems the funny stuff stopped about halfway through the film.  Still worth watching, and I had wanted to watch this film for a while before I realised I didn't own it.  Oh well, maybe I will re-appreciate this in a few years?

4th January 2012 - SCRE4M (AKA SCREAM 4)
Those that know me know I likes my horror films, and - being a Wes Craven fan - I loved it when he re-wrote the slasher genre with the initial Scream films.  Scream 2 is also in my top 10 films of all time, & to me that was the end of the series (Scream 3 was wank).

I watched Scre4m (dyslexics must love this film) at the cinema early last year & wasn't sure what to expect after that steaming turd of a 3rd film.  I was pleasantly surprised.  Granted, I guessed the killers early on (they are so obvious, even moreso than the 2nd Scream), but I was actually under the impression that Sidney Prescott may die.

It was a good film that made me realise 2 things: 1) this may have been the last Scream film ever, & 2) having sex with someone dressed as ghostface could still be considered fashionable, if not a little creepy.

4th January 2012 - HOUSE ON HAUNTED HILL
This was the remake with a very hammed up Geoffrey Rush trying to be Vincent Price.  To be fair it was a lot of silly people I dont care about running around getting killed.  It did have a good soundtrack but probably the worst monster in movie history - its just black gooey stuff.  Lame ending.  This movie could have been good, but that just sucked balls.  It made me hate my fellow man for a short period of time, until I realised its only a movie, and that there are a lot more evil things out there.  Like the Twilight films.

So, 4 days in & 12 films watched.  That leaves 988 left to go...what to watch tonight?  Suggestions welcomed (dependant on whether I own the films or not).

The only thing left to say is, please check out my friend Myles's Blog at (http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fmegamyles.blogspot.com%2F2012%2F01%2Fmovie-challenge.html%3Fspref%3Dfb&h=KAQE-c2ZNAQH5mgEbh_C5xGsb1mX_TV7zaeZWvFVgpj9iYQ) as he was the one who set down the challenge!

No comments:

Post a Comment